CompTIA Mobile App Security+
Well, I passed the CompTIA Mobile App Security+ certification exam! I found the test to be challenging and comprehensive in its coverage of iOS mobile security.
If you are planning on taking the iOS version of the exam, I’d highly suggest reviewing Jonathan Zdziarski’s Hacking and Securing iOS Applications. Note that this book focuses on iOS5, but much of the material directly applies to iOS6 and iOS7 as well.
The Mobile App Security+ exams will test a candidate’s knowledge and skill regarding:
- Security principles, secure development life cycles, and threat models
- Security features of software development kits and APIs
- Service and network security
- Data security and implementing encryption
- Application hardening and reverse engineering
- Secure coding practices